Friday, April 30, 2010

What Sub Saharan Africa?

"Sub Saharan Africa...?"
"Yes Sub Saharan Africa" the Peace Corps placement officer told me on April 15th as I was driving the massive work delivery truck to Denver... (focus Molly, don't drive off the road... this is where you will be placed for next 2 and some odd years of your life... big decision... think Molly, think...) "as in anything south of the Sahara Desert?"
"Correct"
"Well then... I guess I'm going to Sub Saharan Africa." (as in I could now be placed in one of the many countries south of the Sahara Desert... my oh my)
"Excellent, welcome to the Peace Corps, look for your welcome packet in the mail."

Africa??? What about Latin America... all the spanish I've been learning... What about??? All the adventures I've had planed out down there...? out the Window...

As it turns out I'll be in Ghana, West Africa... as a Peace Corps volunteer for the next 2 plus years working in the environment sector as an Agroforestry and Alternative Livelihood Facilitator. It all begins on June 1, 2010!




No comments: