Saturday, August 16, 2008

After an 11 hour flight to München, I arrived exhausted, but excited to be back in a country where I knew the language (or I could more or less get by), could eat a large amounts of the foods that I was missing (fresh salads, coffee, dairy - milk and cheese, good bread and pizza) and just relax (clean hot showers, comfortable bed with clean sheets and no bug crawling all over them). I was greeted by the smiling face of my friend Ali (we went to CSU together, and she was back packing through Europe after studying in Morocco for the summer and she was currently crashing at my sister's Munich apartment).

Ali and I set off to explore the city (regardless of how many times I've been to München I've never really seen the city other than the Beer Gardens)Here we are with the Olympia Stadium behind us

My friend Holly (From England) and her boyfriendJon met up with Ali and I in Munich for a small Bamberg reunion.
Ali in training for Oktoberfest with Augustiner Bier.

The beer guardens go through a few of these Maßes of beer a night.

My first needle tree in 9 weeks. Just had to give it a hug!

No comments: